The Debtors Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments on SYSPRO System. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
Reports To: The Debtors Clerk will report to Finance Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow up to ensure payment arrangements are honoured.
- Follow-up consistently to monitor the expected customer payment dates and make allowances with management approval and examination of customer payment plans, payment history, credit line.
- Account query resolution.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with results.
- Reconcile the age analysis at month end, ensure detailed and summary age analysis corresponds before book is closed for the month.
- Check reports daily i.e. Customer exceeding credit limit, orders on hold, overdue accounts and orders in suspense.
- Apply online to Credit Guarantee for increase or decrease in credit limits.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Preparation of debtors reports for management.
- Compile forecast of all monthly customer payments for management team
- Prepares, reviews and mails monthly customer statements.
- Open new customer accounts – credit vetting.
- Manage customer accounts, including credit limits, suspension of account and closure of accounts.
- Communicate with customers changes to account status.
- National certificate (Essential)
- Finance Qualification (Advantageous)
- 2-3 years Debtor experience
- Syspro Accounting system experience (Advantageous)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Meticulous Organization Skills.
- Analytical and attention to Detail.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Send your application by filling out the Job Application Form.
NB: Submission without a resume attached will not be considered.